Rio Grande Fence Co. of Nashville
1410 Lebanon Pike, Nashville, TN 37210
The Commercial Fence Professionals™
Est. 1958 | RGFENCE.COM
*2019 Tennesseean Top Workplace Award Winner
– #2 Small Business in Middle TN and #1 Overall for New Ideas
*5-Time AFA National Fence Contractor of The Year*
*2015, 2016, and 2017 AGC Subcontractor of the Year*
* 2019 GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE PROJECT *
* INSTALLATION HIGHLIGHT VIDEO *
Since 1958, Rio Grande Fence Co. of Nashville has been installing and repairing fence for commercial and industrial projects. We install chain link, ornamental, wood, vinyl, guard railing, and temporary fence for commercial and industrial fence projects. In 1996, the decision was made to stop installing residential jobs to focus our business on commercial, industrial, sports facilities, and fence rental projects.
Completed projects over the years include Nissan Stadium for the Tennessee Titans, Tennessee Army, and Air National Guard Armory, Nashville International Airport, Bridgestone Arena, Purity Dairies, and many other businesses, sports facilities and government projects. Business owners and contractors all over the Mid-South trust Rio Grande Fence Co. of Nashville for security and peace of mind.
FENCE INSTALLER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Position: Helper / Fence Installer
Summary: The Helper role is the #3 person on a three-person fence installation crew. Your immediate supervisor is the Crew Leader on the truck you are assigned to.
COMPENSATION: Starting at $15.00 per hour, but is guaranteed to be higher with fence installation experience
Essential Duties of Helper
– Assist crew leader with installation and completion of fencing projects
– Help manage tools and equipment. Ensure appropriate tools are loaded on the work truck, account for and return to tool check-in area of the shop.
– Ensure all tools/equipment are set-up on a job site and maintain in working condition.
– Ensure all crew members follow all safety procedures
– Assist in unloading fence materials and concrete off of work truck and onto the job site
– Ensure all materials, trash and tools are removed from job sites before leaving
– Ideally, you have at least (1) year of construction experience, but it’s not required as we will train you.
– Candidates should demonstrate excellent safety awareness as well as attention to detail.
– Must pass company issued drug screen and background check
– Must have effective oral and written communication skills with customers and co-workers
– Must be comfortable with both hand tools and power tools.
– Must have a clean motor vehicle driving record with no more than two moving vehicle violations in the last twelve months.
– Must be able and willing to work overtime, if required.
Education and Work Experience
– OSHA 10-Hour Training is preferred, but not required. We provide OSHA 10 paid in December.
– First Aid / CPR Training is preferred, but not required. We provide this training every 2-years.
7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday
Knowledge and Skills
– Ability to read project drawings and a tape measure
– Ability to follow verbal and written directions
– Basic mechanical knowledge preferred
– Ability to perform responsibly, quickly and accurately while following all safety standards
– Accountability/Reliability: Ability to accept responsibility and accountability for actions and demonstrate being dependability and trustworthiness.
– Initiative: Ability to make decisions and take action to solve a problem or reach a goal.
– Organized: Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
– Detail Oriented/Accuracy: Ability to pay attention to minute details of a project or task and perform work accurately and thoroughly.
– Goal-Oriented: Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
– Team Player: Ability to work cohesively with others.
– Prompt and dependable attendance.
– Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Must be able to operate hand tools, power tools, and other fence installation tools and machinery.
– Must be able to manually lift up to 80 pounds.
– Qualified applicants must be able to drive company trucks and equipment as required.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT RIO GRANDE FENCE CO.
– Consistent 40 Hour Work Week
– Weekly Pay (Every Friday) via Direct Deposit
– 401(k) Retirement Plan with 100% match up to 4% of your annual income
– 6 Paid Holidays (After 90 Days)
– (4) Major Medical plans from Aetna. Dental and Vision Insurance plans are also offered
– 1-Week Paid Time Off (After 1 year of service) and 2-Weeks Paid Time Off (after 3 years of service)
– Work Shirts, Hats, Jackets, Top Quality Safety Gear (3M, HexArmor, and Kask): All paid for by RGF
– FREE Red Wing Steel Toe Boots, every Christmas
– FREE Carhartt Winter Jacket and Hat, every Christmas
– $25,000 Life Insurance Policy paid by RGF
– LTD Policy paid by RGF
– ADP Employee Assistance Program
– ADP Mobile App to view your employee info and benefits
– FREE Purity Dairies Ice Cream in May-September!
– ADP Employee Discount Program (Example: 14-22% savings on ATT and Verizon mobile phone bills)
***HOW YOU CAN APPLY***
Thank you for your interest in joining our family.